Valentine gift container inspiration

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Here's a little inspiration for Valentine gift giving using the little mini chocolate bar wrappers that I talked about in my previous post!

I recycled a little jar and used it to hold about 15 mini chocolate bars with my Valentine wrappers.
I saved one of my chocolate bar wrappers (you can download the art here) and attached it with two sided tape to a small shipping tag. I trimmed the wrapper down to size to cover about 3/4s of the tag. I then used Ranger distress ink on the edges of the tag and sewed a small scrap of lace near the top for an instant gift tag that matches the chocolates ... how's that for "branding"!

I then tied the tag onto the jar. My jar had a metal piece that keeps the lid attached to the jar so it was easy attach the tag. I then tied additional pieces of different coloured ribbons and lace to the metal piece above the gift tag.

This would be cute to give as a gift to someone. I can see this project being used as a Valentine decorating item .... maybe sitting on the kitchen counter or front hall table at home ... or how about at work on a desk!

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet Valentine's gift this would make Lorrie. Love the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable wrappers and an adorable gift idea!

    xo
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable idea! I just love it! Thanks so much for joining me at Anything Related!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute and creative...perfect for Valentines Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo fun! Thanks for linking up at WhipperBerry.

    kisses
    heather

    ReplyDelete