DMOIY wedding stationery and glass charm necklace kits - in my studio this week

Friday, February 25, 2011

It's been a busy couple of weeks in my studio and I thought that I'd share some of the projects that I'm working on right now. The first project that I'm really excited about is the wedding stationery that I designed and had printed for a friend's daughter ... it's a DMOIY (do most of it yourself) project ... the bride and her "crew" are coming to my house tomorrow to start cutting and putting together the invitations. I printed the wedding stationery and most of the reception materials all together ... we are just waiting for the address labels and wine labels to arrive later today.
I'm really happy with the way these turned out ... the graphics and colours have a "classic urban chic" feeling ... and I'm totally in love with the column textured paper that these were professionally laser printed on. I can't wait for the bride to see them! We have two hundred invitations to make ... that is about 800 of the 1200 sheets of paper that I had printed ... we have to cut, fold and put them together ... oh yeah, and the envelopes need to have liners and address labels added. I think that I may need to stop by the wine store tonight!  ... oh, wait a minute, maybe no wine until the girls have finished cutting :)
The other project that I am working on right now are my glass charm necklace kits. I created art for over 20 different kits that I'm going to sell at Scrapfest in April. I've printed all of the art and now I have to cut the papers. I can't make the kits up yet because I'm still waiting for my glass tile supplies to arrive ... I ordered them over two weeks ago and I'm hoping that someone at the post office will decide it's okay to deliver them to me soon! I am planning to make up about 200 kits to sell at Scrapfest and Scrapbook Queens. I'll let you know more about these once the kits are all made!

So I'm thinking that my paper cutter and I are going to be good friends over the next few days ... that will give me some time to think about a design for my new resume so I can start applying for a new job.

5 comments:

  1. Wow... you have been busy! The stationary is gorgeous! Good thing you have help on it's way. That is a lot of paper! Who does your printing? It is really beautiful. The kits look so fun! It is going to be a great seller! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the necklace kits...I checked the ones in your shop and just adore the Eiffel Tower architectural images! Glad you posted over at Jennifer's this week!

    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness Gracious You've Been Busy! Beautiful Invitations..And I'm So Happy You Have More Hands On Their Way To Help! Whew Wee! Thanks For Popping By My Place Earlier. It's Always Wonderful To See You've Visited! And I Sincerely Appreciated Your Sweet Words About My Newest Creation. :)) Have A Blessed Weekend Dear Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you so rock it ... I've been checking out your other pages ... rock on girl ... your love for art & design is so completely on point!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the wedding invites are totally awesome and your color choice is very chic. I'm sure they'll love it.

    ReplyDelete