Wills + Kate ... all we need is LOVE is all we need

Friday, April 29, 2011

(illustration is from Google's home page this morning)
I got up a little early this morning to watch William and Katherine's wedding ... my husband thought that I was crazy but I didn't really care. I wanted to see Diana's sweet little boy get married.

I can still remember getting up early to watch Diana and Charles' wedding many years ago. Diana and I were both born in the summer of 1961 and she died on the day of my 36th birthday (another day that I remember, sadly). I always thought that Diana was a wonderful Mother and it is so nice to see that her boys have grown up to be such nice ("normal") young men.

I think that Diana would have loved the wedding ceremony and the kiss(es) on the balcony.

I was cutting wedding invitations this morning for a friend's daughter's wedding as I watched the wedding on television ... the invitations needed to be cut and it seemed like the thing to do ... especially as I waited to see the royal couple come out onto the balcony at Buckingham Palace. I guess that I will now have the memory of cutting wedding invitations in my pajamas as a part of this day. 

I hope that you have a lovely day!

(element from my "eat cake and party on" digital kit ")  

2 comments:

  1. my daughter loves this whole RW thing ... and that I think is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, i got up early too ... with the kids (although Sam never made it out of his bed and rhys moved from her bed to the couch then fast asleep again ...lol!)

    i remember getting up VERY early w my granny to watch Diana and Charles wed ... it was so magical! i really think Diana was a wonderful woman and her son William is so very much like her. she really would have been proud!

    ReplyDelete