memories of New York ... and friendship

Friday, May 27, 2011

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."

... a beautiful quote to brighten up this rainy spring day. 

I took this photo last spring when I was in New York with my friend, Karen.
I won a trip to New York to see the Martha Stewart show and I took Karen with me as my guest ... I wrote about our trip here.

Karen and I had a great time and I am so happy that I was able to take her with me ... it is a trip that I will remember fondly ... forever. I was looking through all of the photos that we took of our trip last night ...  we both shot a lot of pictures as we walked around New York City ... this is one of my favourite pics of Karen ...
I added the quote "we do not remember the days ... we remember the moments" to this picture.
Karen and I both loved the flowers that were for sale on the streets ... I would take photos of the shop fronts and she would take close ups of the flowers. I caught her off guard as she was taking a photo of some of the flowers ... I remember calling her name and this is the shot that I got as she looked over at me ... Karen, smiling as always.

Karen is not feeling very well right now and I know that she will not able to read this post ... but I wanted to let her know that I am glad that she is my friend.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful quote. I hope your friend feels better soon.

    I was looking around your blog after being away much too long and I must say there are a lot of beautiful things. I need to come visit more often. And you should submit something to Create With Me. I can only imagine the gorgeous stuff you make with your girls.

    Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete