Saturday, December 14, 2013


chalkboard bunting - {free} twenty thirteen and fourteen download | Lorrie Everitt

In my last blog post I showed you how to create your own chalkboard bunting using canvas banners, chalkboard paint and chalk markers. Today I'm going to give you the {free} download for the "twenty thirteen" graphics I used on my holiday bunting. 

I added my twenty thirteen chalkboard bunting to one of my fireplace mantle displays by tying it onto an antique frame. I used lots of white satin ribbon and wrapped it around the frame for a very casual look. 

chalkboard bunting - {free} twenty thirteen and fourteen download | Lorrie Everitt

I really dislike the fireplace mantle in our living room. It's on my list to change ... someday. I painted three antique frames in decorator's white to match our fireplace and leaned them against the wall for my display. I think that the style of the frames compliment the (ugly little) wood molding on the fireplace.

chalkboard bunting - {free} twenty thirteen and fourteen download | Lorrie Everitt

My mantle was pretty simple to pull together ... three white vintage frames (only one was decorated with bunting and a special ornament), pre-lit garland, burlap ribbon and a large letter "E".

As I was creating the download for the "twenty thirteen" graphics I was thinking that this bunting would be great for a New Years Eve party ... so I add "fourteen"! You can see my tutorial for making the chalkboard bunting on this post.


If you make a "twenty fourteen" bunting to use for a New Year Eve's party please let me know! I'd love to see pictures!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!