diy "feel better ' gift basket

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

diy "feel better" gift basket | Lorrie Everitt Studio

I put together this feel better gift basket for my sister-in-law a few weeks ago. Today I thought that I would share some of the diy projects I made to fill and decorate the basket. 

diy "feel better" gift basket | Lorrie Everitt Studio

My husband and I were in Barcelona last fall and I fell in love with an adorable little candy shoppe called Happy Pills. I borrowed their idea and filled a mason jar with lots of colourful and yummy candies. I added a paper tag to the jar with my directions .... "take two pills every 4 hours as needed". I knew that my sister-in-law would have lots of little visitors so this jar full of candy was for her & to share!

I have a thing for motivational quotes and chalkboards (if you don't believe me - check out my Pinterest boards) and instead of buying a get well card I made a button to add to the basket liner. This was a very simple project - I spray painted a large pin-back button with chalkboard paint and used a chalk marker to write out the Winnie-the-Pooh quote.

diy "feel better" gift basket | Lorrie Everitt Studio

I filled a linen bag with hair bands and ties and decorated the bag with another "chalk board button". 

Flowers are lovely but not always practical and can require additional care to water ... so I created this petite arrangement of (fake) succulents in an antique glass container. 

I found the wire basket with the canvas liner at Winners - it was the perfect size to hold magazines, books and all of my diy projects. 




1 comment: